And the results are...

Yesterday I was driving the family to Church on a sunny Sunday when my phone rings. I answer it and hear this is Dr Bernstein, my mind quickly went between, "must be good news" all the way to "oh no I must be dying." Because, why in the world would a Doctor call me on a Sunday, turns out he is just a really nice guy who thought I could use some good news a little early. So my lymph nodes have gone back to normal, so I have no more lymphoma, I am just your regular run of the mill bald 27 year old now. It feels great to be on the receiving end of a phone call like this!! But I can't help but feel humbled by all of the folks who I met during this journey who wait for this call that may never come. I am thankful for my time with them and will always pray for them and visit. I am also quite thankful for all of you folks for sending your kind regards and for working right along with me...even though I have a lot to be thankful for, I would have to say that I owe a debt of gratitude to my wonderful wife Erin for putting up with me. I know it is hard to believe, but I had some definite moments when this got me in the dumps and made me angry, but she always stayed in the fight and pulled my lame butt through it. So if you want to know where my inner strength lies...it is usually right next to me in the compassionate heart of a great wife. Have a great day y'all.

Comments

  1. Great news! I almost cried reading this - I'm so happy for you and your remarks about Erin are just as sweet as can be - and so inspiring! Sending you all my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you and your family. You almost made me cry as well. I know what it's like taking care of a sick husband as I have been doing it for most of the 18 years of marriage, but when our husbands show their respect and appreciation publically, sometimes that means more to us wives then you will ever know. I know that this experience has made you stronger as a person and your family will be blessed for your faith and service to us who were priveledged to ride this journey with you through your blog. We love ya. Nadean

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was elated when I heard the news! :) Great job to both you and Erin for overcoming this hardship. Our prayers and love are always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man that is great! We love you tons and knew you'd pull through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Update Week 1

Message from Dad

Golf

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Papa's Ears