Pregers...The process

Well, I did not blog too much about the days leading up to my surgery. I guess there was just too much that preoccupied me in the fall :) Below I am going to give a synopsis of the events leading up to my surgery as they pertain to having children. But before I start, I will spoil the ending Erin is pregnant with our 2nd and she is at 12 weeks of nausea and fatigued bliss...I feel like I am more empathetic to her plight this time around!! But Erin is a trooper and will get through this swimmingly.

So last year before going into surgery my Doctor broke the news to me that my sperm are surely no good and that future children would be very difficult. This was a very difficult time for me as just about 4 months earlier Erin and I had been talking about having another child, but I dismissed it as the wrong time with job challenges in Medford etc...Even though that in my heart I felt that it was the right time. So now, sitting in this Doctors office I felt a overwhelming sense of of guilt for my selfishness. I could not believe that I deprived Erin in this way, because if anyone has seen her with Owen, then they know that she is a natural Mom. The old school type of Mom that works hard to turn a boy into a man.

Well, back to the Doctors office, I felt distraught and asked the doctor if I could at least try to sperm bank. He said that it is somewhat expensive and relayed that it would be like throwing a hail mary pass in football. I told him that I can deal with losing the game, but I can't deal with losing the game because I failed to throw the pass. So he understood and his office staff got me in at OHSU for some sperm banking. During this time I met a wonderful scientist named Arin Johnson, his impact on our lives can only be expressed as amazing. He really knows his stuff about semen and how to maximize our chances.

It was through Arin that we got educated on our options. We were still scared because the chances are lower and we only have so much material to work with. But after many conversations we had a game plan. One or max of two shots at inter-uterine insemination. We began tracking all of that ovulation dates and in late December we were in the Doctors office hoping for the best.

Well in the end it appears that we were blessed, our dream is coming true. I feel humbled by being granted this gift as I am not sure that I fully deserve all that my Heavenly Father grants me. But I do know that I am blessed to have a wonderful Wife that supports me most when I feel my weakest and a Son that is full of energy and excitement. Have a great day...The future is bright!

Comments

  1. YAY! Congrats to you all! That is the best news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really couldn't be happier for you guys! That and the fact that I get to be an Aunt again! :) Congratulations to you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description of Erin as an old school mom that works hard to turn a boy into a man!!! hahahaha! That is so funny. Needless to say Mike and I are thrilled to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Update Week 1

Message from Dad

And the results are...

Golf

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Papa's Ears