Cages

Cages are for animals, or so I am told
To go through life, a winding road
Round the valley and over the hill
Through the woods and across the ridge
Each road a convergence, all the same
Mine is unique and it must be true
For life is only lived once, or so I am told
 
You must work hard, or so I am told
Roads less traveled by, dark and dreary
To clear the fallen and cut the shrub
Alone, all alone, yet accomplished
The destination known, I worry still
It made all the difference, or so I am told 
 
Don't miss out, or so I am told
Road well traveled and wide open
No trial as we trod, step by step
Many are together, yet still feel alone
The destination unknown, I worry still
It makes no difference, or so I am told
 
The choice is yours, or so I am told
The roads begin to close, left then right
That saved for tomorrow, can do no more
Planning wasted away, without care
How I wish I could, slip back in time
How I wish I could, try once more
The roads close, back and front
Cages are for animals, or so I am told
 
Nicholas Campos - 2023

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Update Week 1

Message from Dad

Golf

And the results are...

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Love Unspoken