Friday!

What a beautiful week this has been, it is sunny warm and I am feeling good. I have been slow to write because I have lacked significant inspiration. Turns out that for being such an optimist I must actually find my writing in the depths of personal anguish and times of trials. But I am feeling good and that is worth writing about, so I am just going to do it. A couple of things worth being excited about this week.
A) Love is in the air: My good friends Kristen and Eli have decided to get engaged and that is a good thing. Every once in a while you meet two people that fit and they are two of those people for me.
B) Countdown of treatment stands at T-Minus 7 days and counting, down from 21 when I started. I have come to fully appreciate my mind and body when it functions properly, I have a new respect for it and don't think I am going to let too many goods days get away from me in the future.
C) 9-11 was today: This does not make me feel good, in fact, it is a day that bothers me every year. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when it happened. All the way down to what the paper was about that I was urgently finishing for English class in College. In a moment my belief that I am in control of my little world changed. With just a moment I went from an invincible 20 year old that didn't fear much, to a world full of uncertainty and doubt about the human race. But from it I learned that people rebuild, the strong stand up and get back to helping their neighbors. I watched a special on some of the victims families, it is inspiring to me that they did not let this tragedy haunt their days. They remember and never forget, but they live so that those who were lost can live on through them. But I have also learned that although the scab may heal, the scar will never fade. It stays not only as a constant reminder that life is short and sometimes unfair, but also that despite the outlook we can choose to get up and start again.

Well tomorrow is a Coug game, so I am excited for that, and yes, I even enjoy watching a bad WSU team play I am that crazy. I hope that all your weeks are going well, I am hearing great things on the fitness front. I wonder if between everybody we have cleared over 500lbs? But it does not matter, the important thing is that we are all feeling good about getting healthier so we can enjoy a few more sunny days in our lives. Have a great weekend and Go Cougs!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Update Week 1

Message from Dad

Golf

And the results are...

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Love Unspoken