Second Thought

The bus rolls down the road
Yellow and bright
Carrying it's regular load
Quite the sight
 
Up the hill past the quarry
Granite mine
The corner we found Lucky
Oak and pine
 
Left along the concrete creek
Fenced drive
Scenes are clear in child speak
Oak grove
 
An early stop I want to follow
Shortcut route
Through the creek and hallow
Second thought
 
Around a corner over a bridge
Turtle spot
Up the hill and atop the ridge
Navas stop
 
Often a group today only me
Walking alone
The bus rolls until I can't see
Almost home
 
Our yard hose distracts my plan
Swing it wide
It wraps me round and round
Changing tide
 
I awake in blood on the ground
Sprinkler head
A helicopter is circling high
Must've Sped
 
Mom off the porch and running
Standing wobbly
My judgement to her, astonishing 
Hands bloody
 
Old Ford driving to the doctor
Apply pressure
A few stitches are the answer
Eyebrow suture
 
The helicopter lands the same
Hurried pace
Time can stop with just a name
Ended race
 
A drive home in the dark for one
Mourning another
To sleep until a new day's sun
Father and Mother
 
They know not how close it was
Shortcut route
Life being like a delicate vase
A second thought

Nick Campos March 2024



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Message from Dad

And the results are...

Update Week 1

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Golf

Papa's Ears