Nighthowl Blues

The wind it howls, oh, the wind it howls.

Through the dead trees, oh, through the trees.

Not a leaf above me, I have no company.

 

I'm dry as a bone, oh, I am dry as a bone.

Can't believe my eyes, oh my lying eyes.

Not a sight to see, I have no company.

 

The sky grows dark, oh, the sky grows dark.

The bark growing black, oh, the bark is black.

Not a prayer to levee, I have no company.

 

Her voice I hear, oh, her voice I hear.

Love is a fading echo, oh, a dead tree echo.

Not a reason to plea, I have no company.

 

The stone is hard, oh, the stone is hard.

A grassy home, oh, a dead tree home.

Not a place to flee, I have no company.

 

Oh, It is not a season to be.

I have no company.

No company.

 

Nick Campos March 2024

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week two done for me and you

Message from Dad

And the results are...

Update Week 1

Papa's Ears

All Done!!!!!!!!!!

Golf